Friday, July 20, 2012

Doncha love red?

We've been busy!  Carol and I did a marathon furniture makeover at a client's home.  We sanded, de-glossed, painted, painted, painted - and top-coated four pieces of furniture in two days.  Here are the before and afters...
Finished!!
This well-built desk with hutch top and file drawers suffered from that horribly dated finish: Pecan - the blandest of all "natural" wood stains.  The owner wanted a distressed finish with razzle-dazzle color to liven up the room.
Here it is devoid of hardware and doors and sanded.
These two file chests were to be coordinated, but not matchy-matchy.
The finished file drawer chests - color is just a bit off here - red is redder, as per the desk.

The client was very pleased - and we just love how they turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...what a difference! I can see why your client was pleased....lucky client!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole! I liked the results so much, I think I'll do my own kitchen cabs in the red/black.

      Color keeps us smiling...

      Delete